In order to be able to open the major special exhibition “SITTE'S WORLD. Willi Sitte: The Retrospective" on 3 October, about 1,500 square metres of exhibition space require the following: clearing out, reorganising, installing. This means that from the end of July to the beginning of October, large sections of the museum have to be closed to the public. You will find detailed information below.
We hope this does not cause you too much inconvenience.
Your Kunstmuseum Moritzburg Halle (Saale)
The following exhibition areas are closed:
- Special exhibitions
- Paths of Modernism. Art in Germany 1900–1945
Please note: To do justice to the temporary exhibition „Sitte’s World“, this part of the permanent exhibition had to be temporarily dismantled until spring 2022. You will find some of the most prominent paintings and sculptures of Classical Modernism, which are most popular with visitors, in the cabinet exhibition "Rendezvous. Masterpieces from the collection".
The following exhibition areas are open:
- Paths of Modernism. Art in the SOZ/GDR 1945–1990
- Cabinet exhibition: "Rendezvous. Masterpieces from the collection"
- Cabinet exhibition: "Der Brüderschaft verehret. Der Silberschatz der Halloren"
- Art of the 16th to 19th Centuries
- Sacral art from the Middle Ages to the Baroque era
- The historical rooms in the Talamt building